Monday, January 26, 2009

She's Hot, But....

Recently I was speaking with a female bartender that I work with and we were discussing a girl (whom my co-worker knows) that I hooked up with and who I thought might be someone I could date. Here's basically how the conversation went down:

Female Bartender: "She's definitely hot. I just don't see you two having much in common though. She's pretty vapid. I see you with someone who's smarter, someone who is into writing and reading, someone more interesting. You can do better."

Me: "Yeah I want someone I can speak intelligently with and who can understand my humor, but this girl is so beautiful! Maybe we can just not ever talk and she could just like, always be standing next to me, looking all hot and everything."



I get the "you can do better" line a lot when it comes to me and women. It's great for my ego but it really makes me wonder if "better" is even out there. I meet a ton of girls and "better" is rare, if not impossible to find. The "better" girls have a short shelf life and usually get snapped up pretty quick during that small window of singlehood between douchebag boyfriends.

Around 9 months ago I found a girl who I thought was on my intellectual plane, was funny, had an incredible amount of things in common with me and was classically beautiful. And well, after two months she dumped my ass like a sack of potatoes. I did "better" for the first time in a while and it didn't work out. It doesn't feel good to get dumped.

Maybe I'll just stick to the "you can do better" girls for now. They've always been there for me in the past.

Although I'm gonna have my eyes open and I'm gonna be ready to be that "better" guy to that "better" girl. Unless of course she reads this blog, because then I'm pretty much fucked...

6 comments:

jkc said...

eh, you can definitely do better than dumb hot chick. been there, done that. gets real boring after awhile. to quote a wise man "you show me a hot chick, i'll show you a dude who's tired of fuckin' her."

you just gotta find the happy medium -- attractive and intelligent. they're out there, you just gotta find 'em.

Jack Goes Forth said...

It's not like I'm overly concerned with finding someone to share the deepest recesses of my soul with, but it just gets old having to endure girls (or people for that matter) that say things like, "I don't read books" or "Who is Tim Kaine?"

The Brooklyn Boy said...

I hear you, brother. Caught a bad one just like you did, toward the end of '07. Gotta just keep the options open til there's reason not to. Ain't nothin wrong with stayin single. Girls notice and appreciate your standards. Trust.

Anonymous said...

you will learn that looks aren't everything, but until you learn, err on the side of looks.

Meade Skelton said...

You gotta find more hobbies.

Anonymous said...

Give a few more "better" girls a chance. Some of us are nocturnal and enjoy stimulating conversations at the after hours bar (accompanied by mind blowing sex in random locations).