Monday, January 12, 2009

Semi-Deep Thoughts With Jack Goes Forth

"Never have I seen a man look so single, so utterly alone and alive and confident of the future as Roy Hamilton looked when he said goodbye." - Henry Miller


My work schedule has rendered me no time for blogging until tomorrow, but I've been re-reading some passages from Miller's "Tropic Of Capricorn" before I have to be back on the time clock this afternoon and the line above has been stuck in my head.

Last night I closed the bar alone and as I rolled bags of trash down a deserted Sunday night Cary Street at 2:30 AM, I looked up at the city skyline, still lit up by tacky Christmas lights, and I felt something really strange.

I felt eerily alone, and for whatever reason I felt incredibly peaceful. A serenity I haven't felt in a while came over me and I had a goofy smile as I walked back up the hill to the bar. I've always thought something good was coming down the pipe but last night I really felt something. I can't explain any of this of course, I'm just gonna keep pushing and see what happens.

...last but certainly not least, anal sex!!! If I don't mention it at least once a post my readership will drop by about 85 percent for the week.


"In the cab I leaned back and lit a small cigar I'd bought in the coffee shop. I was feeling better now, warm and sleepy and absolutely free. With the palms zipping past and the big sun burning down on the road ahead, I had a flash of something I hadn't felt since my first months in Europe - a mixture of ignorance and a loose, "what the hell" kind of confidence that comes on a man when the wind picks up and he begins to move in a hard straight line towards an unknown horizon." - Hunter S. Thompson "The Rum Diary"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

anal sex and semi-deep thoughts?

JGF is now gay.

A Guy said...

serenity now, insanity later- Lloyd Braun

Anonymous said...

lets see here... u r describing your anal sex encounter in the cary street dark alley last nite? you speak of "coming" down the "pipe" and you really "felt" it? and keep "pushing"! Jack, this is excellent deep thoughts here!

"I've always thought something good was coming down the pipe but last night I really felt something. I can't explain any of this of course, I'm just gonna keep pushing and see what happens.

please tell us more.

Jackgoesforth said...

dammit! Someone cracked my secret gay code talk.

Anonymous said...

Jack Goes Forth is gay?? Hot damn!! When are we hookin up then? I'll let you be the pitcher

Benedict Smith said...

anal = awesome. fuck the haters.

Anonymous said...

oh, so Miss Benedict(benedicked) smith are you sayin' that you would "fuck tha haterz?" hmmm, yummy, you must be havin' gay thoughts too big boy.... cum to club velvet in RVA and swallow my sword why dont ya!" ya twink!