Friday, January 16, 2009

BloggingBartender.com

So about a month ago I was tooling around on the internet at 5 AM, drunk, and thinking of ways to expand this blog's readership. In what seemed like a stroke of genius at the time, I bought a new domain. Bloggingbartender.com. I figure a more mainstream, easy to find blog name will help attract more readers. Jack Goes Forth will remain my name, but The Blogging Bartender just makes more sense. (It's sort of like Brad Pitt's character in A River Runs Through It, "The Fishing Newspaperman".)

What I didn't take into account is that the transferal of my free, Google-based blog to a new domain was going to be a lot of work, work that I probably don't even know how to do. So for now if anyone ever finds bloggingbartender.com, they will be automatically sent to JackGoesForth.

If anyone can develop a website and help me make this transfer (to bloggingbartender.com) happen, email me. I'll treat you to a booze-soaked dinner in exchange for your assistance.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not anonymize yourself in the conversion process?

Matt Frost said...

I can stab at it, but I'm all types of lazy. I s'pose you'd want eeeverything cutom and graphics and all that noise.

Jared said...

you're going bigtime now? well at least we can all say we knew him when he was lowly Jack Goes Forth

A Douche said...

dude, that's gonna be like 9 bucks a year. Are you sure you can swing that?

Anonymous said...

Why not hand off the duties to the guys who run RVA News?

For a price, of course. :P

J said...

Does Rva News pay you? It seems to me that Robot Hearts is the only column that gets any readers.

- J

Jocelyn Testes-Harder said...

Do a google search for hosting your domain name at blogger.com. The hosting is free and setup is relatively painless. Once completed, your existing blogspot url will still work, which is nice.

Andrew said...

Your easiest (low tech) best bet would be to use the BloggingBartender.com domain name on your existing blogger account. Info on that here: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55373

Or, consider using Wordpress 2.7. It's an open source blogging platform that has many more features than Blogger. It's easy to import your Blogger blog content once you have it set up. Info here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Importing_Content

The problem with option 2 is that Blogger doesn't let you redirect to the new domain so you would lose some traffic and search engine rankings.