Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Open Challenge To The Richmond Times Dispatch

The online version of the RTD posted an article the other day asking some of its people to list their favorite blogs. You can read it here. Some dude listed my blog. Here's what he had to say:

"Although I don’t believe a single word Jack says about his exciting life full of slinging booze and sleeping with an absurd amount of women, I find myself coming back to it everyday"


It's a compliment that anyone reads this blog, so thanks, even though the "compliment" was sort of an insult too. Why would I sit down everyday and just make up stuff? I'm not even sure I could make up a lot of this stuff. This is my life, I writes it as I sees it. That being said, I'd like to issue a challenge to the Richmond Times Dispatch:

Send one of your writers (or the dude who said the above comments) out with me one night. Send a writer who will be objective and who holds no ridiculous preconceived notions about me. Make sure it's a writer who likes to party. Whomever the local Hunter S. Thompson is will work just fine. Now if that writer can honestly come back after that night and say that my blog is a farce and that I'm a made-up person, then I will erase this blog completely. Fin.

My blog is my word, and if my word is proven untrue, then you won't hear from JGF again.

The gauntlet has been laid... I'll give 5 to 1 odds that I get no response from the RTD.

17 comments:

Jason said...

The only problem is, a T-D story would make even your life sound boring, bland and dull.

Jocelyn Testes-Harder said...

I've met you in person. Based on your dimples alone, I'd guess that you pull more tail in a year than most guys will in a lifetime.

Anonymous said...

they should send Michael Paul Williams out with you. He seems like a barrel of laughs... oh wait, nevermind.

Picard said...

The TD writer finds you funny, but unbelievable.

I only the other hand believe every word, but rarely find it funny.

Which do you prefer?

Jack Goes Forth said...

Normally I would ignore that comment, but coming from you, Captain Jean-Luc Picard, my feelings have been crushed.

All I can ask is for you to read the blog. Which you do.


Jocelyn- You play your cards right and you can be a small piece of that yearly tail.

Times Dispatch said...

We accept. We're sending you Melissa Ruggieri to cover the piece. Although company rules prohibit her from sleeping with you on the first night.

Times Dispatch said...

Although, if you buy a subscription we could probably work something out.

Picard said...

"All I can ask is for you to read the blog"

Don't flatter yourself, as a rule I don't. I just tune in occasionally to see why anybody else does. It's selfish, obsessive crude, not especially interesting, and not particularly well written. I've yet to see a personal insight into anything, yet you are the darling of the local blogosphere. I think Jason accidentally got it right the first time. Your life already is "boring, bland and dull."

John said...

Mark Holmberg needs to follow you around. He spent 24 hours as a transsexual in the early 90s -- a six-foot-seven-inch-tall transexual -- for a TD piece. He's genius when he gets off the beaten path.

Jared said...

Jealousy breeds envy Picard.

Rock on JGF.

Tom Sanchez Prunier said...

I think the bigger challenge is which has a larger readership: RTD or JGF.

Whatever your antics (don't read you enough), just be sure to wrap it.

Benedict Smith said...

i always take it as a compliment when friends of friends read my blog and their first question is: Is this true?

the normies will never believe that people actually live this way on a daily basis.

FanGuy said...

RTD accepts your challenge? Holy crap the RTD really IS desperate for readers! Haha.

Elizabeth James said...

JGF...although I haven't read a lot of you posts, I am sure it is true. I have a blog that I actually keep pretty mild at times bc the life we lead people just wouldn't believe so I get it...I write for the RTD's RichmondChic.com so since it's free for them and I target the 30 year oldish women, mostly, this could make for a very interesting blog post for myself and for the suburbia mom's stuck out here in the Pump...you game?

E

Spyingonsuburbia.blogspot.com

Jack Goes Forth said...

E- I'm always game. The question is, will you be able to handle it? Email me and we'll set something up.

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well...to all of those non-believers out there, Jack, I know you can prove them all wrong. As one that experienced 5 years of your "escapades," I can sadly vouch that your stories are all suprisingly true and HIV-free. Keep making jaws, and panties, drop.

Jack Goes Forth said...

to that last anon..

anonymous comments on a blog you supposedly don't read, or a simple email would suffice.

I'll take both I suppose. Good to hear from you.