Again, thank you to everyone who chimed in and gave me some new reading ideas. My mom keeps asking what her and some other family members should get me for Christmas and since I have nothing I really need or want, I chose 10 titles from your book suggestions and gave them to her. If your book is listed below, then you rock. If not, you still rock, but just little less hard than the others.
Books Jack had better be getting for Xmas!
- "The Freedom Manifesto" by Tom Hodgkinson
- "Enders Game" by Orson Scott Game
- "Man In The Grey Flannel Suit" by Sloan Wilson
- "Their Finest Hour" by Winston Churchill
- "Factotum" by Charles Bukowski
- "The World According To Garp" by John Irving
- "Cat's Cradle" - Kurt Vonnegut
- "Guns, Germs and Steel" by Jared Diamond
- "Down and Out In Paris and London" by George Orwell
- "Confederacy Of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole
Two side notes: (1) "Dunces" and "Garp" were by far the most suggested books. (2) I'm halfway through "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. My heavy schedule of 15 hour hibernations every few days, bartending, drinking, working out and eating at Ukrops has made it tough to finish this beast. Or it could be the fact that it's over 1000 pages long and such a slooooowwww read.