Friday, December 12, 2008

A Blogger Walks Into A Bar...

I don't really have anything interesting to say, but I wanted to point out and even thank some of the bloggers or blog readers who have visited me during my bar shifts. It seems like lately at least 3 actual bloggers, whose blogs I've read, have come in per shift to say hey. On top of that I get "Are you that blogging bartender guy?" about 7 times a shift from people who have read the blog or who have seen the articles in Style Weekly. Trust me, having your own blog or having read my blog is a sure fire way to get a free round of drinks. I like people who have the balls or the equivalent of balls on a lady, to introduce themselves and talk about this shit. If you do, I will always treat you well. Regardless of how I'm perceived by my writing, I'm actually a somewhat decent guy... To my customers at least...

Recently I had a deaf blogger come in for a drink and since I can't do sign language and he can't talk, we exchanged notes on bar napkins. Interesting experience to say the least.

I also get a few regular drinkers, readers and bloggers who visit, and at times, they shut the bar down. I have certain bloggers who come visit that just so happen to be smoking hot females, who I happen to relentlessly hit on. I know they read my blog, so what the hell do I have to hide?? I can horndog it up! You lady bloggers know who you are and your patronage is always appreciated.

All in all, I'm glad I started this thing. I've met some cool people because of it. I've also lost a job and alienated some people too. But shit happens...

Sidenote: Bloggers tip well. Very well. Although in some instances, they uhh, need to be reminded.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm LOLing at "I can horndog it up!"

Anonymous said...

"relentlessly hitting on"?
That's what that was?

Rabbit said...

Thanks for the stiff drinks last night, Jack! I might have stayed longer, but the music there isn't my bag. I need to get you a job at Avalon.

What's up with these chickenshit Anonymous posters, eh?

the one and only ridor said...

LOL. I asked if you would mention some of us who stopped by to meet you -- you shook your head.

And you published it anyway. Gotta hand it to you, Jack. :-)

R-