Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm A Hipster Now, I Mean, Whatever Dude, I Like Don't Even Care

I met with a triumvirate of semi-hipsterdom from RVAnews tonight. We met at Ipanema Cafe, a hipper than thou, extremely cheap basement bar on the campus of VCU. Even in my awesome Soviet Union sickle and hammer t-shirt, semi-tight jeans and dirty sneaks, I was out of place. Probably because I can't grow a beard to save my life, my hair had a speckle of gel in it, and my arms give the impression that I actually lift more than 22 ounces of PBR on a regular basis. Not that I'm hating on the scene, I just don't think I can fit in.

Nevertheless, I brainstormed with some smart people from a smart website that I think is on the verge of something big. The best idea that came from our session that will never actually be utilized??? To name our new dating column "RVAholes". Get it? It's clever, no?

A cool ass website wants to pay me to contribute and I'm psyched, even if it means I have to stop lifting weights and stop participating in the daily ritual of cleansing my body just to fit in. Besides, there were some cute lil VCU girls walking around in there.

Does anyone know where a guy who is 6'4, 200 pounds can find a pair of sssuuuupppperrr tight black jeans? Oh and a sick hoodie would help too, preferably with coffee stains already ingrained. I've already thrown out all of my Jason Mraz CDs so I'm well on my way.

8 comments:

Boy said...

Dude I am just as regs as you. Although I can grow a pretty mean half beard.

Jocelyn Testes-Harder said...

I would have thought that the commie shirt would've been your ticket to ride.

Anonymous said...

I was bored voting this morning and wrote in your name for Mayor.

Anonymous said...

you know you're on thedirty.com now, right? FAMOUS!

.lp. said...

you forgot about Tall Bikes!!!

Anonymous said...

OOOOO please dye your hair black and wear eyeliner that would be uber hot :)

Susan Howson said...

Standing out is good!

Kendra said...

Damn! Where was the velvet rope that night. I don't even know how you got in without the required scenester identification. Did you sneak in through the back door?