Sunday, October 5, 2008

JGF Free Speech Update

I'm not in jail and the only reason I'm posting this is because of the outpouring of emails and comments that hoped that I would be locked up in prison or hoped that channel 6's General Manager might be autistic and that I was a Richmond first amendment martyr. Apparently the email I received that threatened me, was the real deal (I had someone confirm the senders email address), yet I haven't been summoned to appear in court thus far.

It doesn't matter, I'm fully prepared. My lawyer friend/drinking cohort happened to finish tops in his 1st amendment law class and he is completely prepared to defend my rights as a blogger, which to this day, are extremely vague. He also is able to maintain his composure after slamming 15 Coors Lights (Clearly I choose my attorneys based on merit).

!! Click on the preceding links for more random splish-splash regarding blogging and free speech rights !!


Anyways, what the fuck are they going to do? I already live week to week and I'm absolutely sure that I won't lose my job as a bartender for pissing off channel 6. Infact, I would welcome the conflict, because really, what else do I have to do???

Yeah.... sue me for defamation..... good luck boring media.


Regardless, I'll be back to posting about interesting stuff, like sex, booze and Richmonder's horrible tipping habits come Tuesday morning. I've already authorized someone to blog it up for me in case I go to jail. Ha.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't go to jail for a civil suit!

Jack Goes Forth said...

Very true.

but having to pay anything more than a few hundred dollars would be much worse than jail for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously? I already don't watch Channel 6 very frequently but this pretty much wraps it up. It's a full-on boycott. Idiots.

Pr1mary said...

I'm trying to figure out what the problem was with the Lee Mahaffey post. So you said you thought she was hot. That's why she was hired, right? Even for a prudish feminist like me, it's not what I'd call "salacious."
Ric Young does sound like a real pill. Unless you completely made that post up, I can't see how they'd win a suit against you. But when does that ever stop anyone from being petty and litigious? But hey, way to go Channel 6 for calling more attention to your blog and further legitimizing your comments :)

Anonymous said...

Juanmotherfuckinconde is probably on his fourth manhattan of the day and laughing his face off about this.

If he were in Ric Young's shoes he would have simply came in your bar and knocked you the fuck out. No cease and desist letters for the Juan.

RVA Foodie said...

Hey, I was featured on Ch6 News on Friday, so they can't be all bad... or good.

Benedict Smith said...

the old adage comes to mind...you're not saying anything worth voicing if it's not upsetting anyone. :)

Battery Park Blisters said...

No attorney actually contacted you. Enough said. A corporation that owns a news station will get their atty's to find out who you are and send an "official" notice by mail.

The person who sent you the email was probably Ric Young's lacky assistant.

Oooohh I just said Ric Young in a comment - maybe I will get the nasty email from the unpaid intern next. Jack - next time I see you - remind me to tell you the time I had a bad run in with Curt Autry.

John said...

Maybe Bill Pantele was using the TV6 GM's computer. It's happened before...