Thursday, October 16, 2008

We Want Answers Pantele

Now that I'm reduced to bartending two nights a week (at least for a week or two), I've really been able to make productive use of all this spare time. By productive of course, I mean I went out last night, got housed, won a "water" pong* tourney at a bar, then took the money I won from said "water" pong tourney and blew most of it across the street at a fine little establishment called Velvet.

So while I was sitting there mindlessly feeding (surprisingly attractive) girls one dollar bills, I had an epiphany of sorts.

I'm not upset about getting fired. My finances and future as a bartender are going to be fine. What I'm actually upset about though?

Yesterday I got somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-30 emails from various people. 95 percent of the emails were kind and supportive. I even received an email from the Robert Grey campaign (a man I mercilessly make fun of) that supported me as a blogger and laughed at the absurdity of this whole situation. People from all walks of life were inviting me out for drinks and generally just being very nice. The one group I did not hear from though is the Pantele camp.

I'm not saying that I'm some huge blogger that everyone and their mother reads (I'm not at all), but I'd be willing to bet that Pantele or his people read about me getting fired. Well, stand up and give me an answer Bill. Was I fired because of phone calls made from your people? Was getting blogged about while you were on the campaign trail that disturbing?

I certainly don't deserve any answers, but I think the fine voters of Richmond probably do. We need a mayor who is open and honest with the public, even on trivial matters such as this.

In the meantime I'll be waiting patiently, although I'll probably be waiting patiently as I'm all curled up and back in bed. This unemployment thing is exhausting.


*According to VA ABC law, beer pong is illegal to play in bars. The way around this is to put water in the cups, in lieu of beer.

21 comments:

Jared D said...

Good for you. Challenging the man to stand up and respond.

Good luck getting a response though. Pantele is a shifty mothaf*%$!a!

Anonymous said...

You can't be serious? In the same post with a visit to a strip club (the same club that the owner has been hauled in for sexual misconduct and drug use) and beer pong, you post about getting answers? To what? Why your lazy ass got fired for unprofessional conduct? I know this is a joke. It would be sad and pathetic, otherwise. If Grey's campaign deems it appropriate to commiserate with a sniveling unemployed lazy bartender for publicity or other undefined reasons , so be it. I, for one, think it a wise business decision that you were "canned" and an even wiser decision that any candidate (Pantele or other) stay out of your std laced path. Jack, we voters don't need answers on why you no longer have a bartending gig.(We already know.) The fact you are not shoving booze at some underage potential mate is of no concern to those of us who would prefer to vote on our new mayor based on true issues, not by his affinity for hard liquor, ability to pick up women or lack of tolerance for "jackassery" when he goes to get a cocktail.

Jocelyn Testes-Harder said...

Damn Jack, you must have slept with anonymous's girlfriend or something. The guy is obsessed with you.

Richmonite said...

It's funny. You piss off all of these anonymous commenters, who claim to hate you and your spiel... yet they keep coming back...and coming back... and coming back.

Clearly you're touching a nerve with a lot of people. Keep it up

mala said...

Ohh, pobrecito bendito...

Papi, bochinche will endear some peeps to you too, so eventually this blog is gonna GET you a job.

Meantimes, viva trabajando!

Anonymous said...

just let it go. you were wrong in a professional manner, why continue to create an issue. you have stated multiple times that you will find another bartending gig. if that is the case then do so and move on.

Rabbit said...

All these anonymous little flies buzzing around, wonder why they keep coming back to read things that piss them off? Maybe they like being angry, or maybe one of them is Pantele! So check out Pantele's campaign donors:

http://www.vpap.org/candidates/profile/money_in_donors/20546

Don Harrison said...

Remember that this is the same guy — Bill Pantele — who supports and enables "The Party Patrol" and thinks that Downtown is "Bosnia." Consider the source.

Anonymous said...

Don't let this go Jack and don't listen to people that say it doesn't matter.

A professional politician would stand up and respond. He may actually be in the right here anyways, although it doesn't appear that way.

At least the Grey people had the grapes to reach out and shoot you an email. And you called him a "pretentious pantywaist"!

Suzie said...

Anon from 9:13

Yeah, it's a post that involves a mayorial candidate, a strip club and beer pong. That is how Jack writes and that is why idiots like you keep coming back. It's interesting stuff compared to the same ol boring shit in the RTD and Style.

Brie said...

Haha, you went to Velvet. ;) Thei new pink stage is much shinier than the pre-flood monstrocity of yesteryear.

-B

Jeff E. said...

Man I'm really with you on this ridiculous Pantele fiasco but Velvet?? Really?!? People need to boycott that ugly, white, Princess Diana-less eyesore so that they have to shut their doors. Hopefully someone with a wee more respect and taste than the current owner can come along, raze the building, and put something more attractive as the gateway to the Bottom. Supporting Velvet is like supporting the Plague.

the one and only ridor said...

Anonymous posters, get a life! Again, again, again I do not think people finds your comments to be worthy at all.

Like others, Jack attracts anonymous posters because his site is entertaining to read. I'll agree with Jocelyn that Jack probably slept with anonymous' girl ...

jeff e. -- raze velvet? so that you can have the city build another parking garage? no thanks.

R-

Anonymous said...

LOL who wants to bet on one of these anonymous posts (except for mine) is Pantele? I got 5 on it

dchero said...

Dude, you seriously have to try to crash one of his fundraisers Steven Colbert style. I'm sure you could talk your way in.

Daniel said...

Clearly you should support R. Grey now.

Tom Sanchez Prunier said...

I need to apologize for my post yesterday. It was waa-aay too long. But I still stand by it.

Good luck and keep writing.

Anonymous said...

i hate it when you keep us waiting so long jack. Where are you?

Anonymous said...

seriously dude... You need to post once on the weekends. we need some closure here god dammit!!!

Anonymous said...

Pantele is a twitchy little weasel!!!

Anonymous said...

and Robert Grey is as smooth as the other side of the pillow. Vote Grey!