Thursday, September 11, 2008

Goodbye College Bar

As sad as it is, I've finally quit working at my college bar (where most of the material for this blog originates), and taken a new bartending gig at one of my favorite bars in the city. I won't say the name but it's in the top 5 on my Richmond Bar Guide so it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. The switch was made mostly for financial and scheduling reasons.

I'll miss my co-workers for the most part and I'll really miss the numerous women and opportunities that presented themselves night after night working in that place. I won't put a number on how many women I met and/or "cavorted" with from the college bar, but lets just say... well lets just say that I enjoyed the lifestyle to its fullest extent.

What I will not miss? The horrendous hours and getting out of work at 4 AM night after night. 20 percent of the customers who walked through the front doors. Jumping the bar to throw out crotch-grabbers and break up fights. Getting a zero percent tip at least 20 times a night. And making 4000 Long Island Iced Teas a night.

For now I begin at a new bar and I'm excited. New co-workers (most of whom I already know), a new crowd, and new bar intricacies for me to learn. It's not a major change, because lets face it, I'm still in downtown Richmond and I still plan on sleeping until noon everyday. Life will stay the same, although with a noticable downtick in teenage girls among my rotation. Hmmm. That really sucks.

1 comment:

Brie said...

Sounds like you're doing the best thing for you. :) Hope you have a very good first weekend. :)