Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life Is Happening Now

I was a wildly ambitious, albeit impulsive, young man. I graduated college early and I was all set to go full steam ahead and start climbing the ladder. I didn't care to take a meaningless job or travel or do anything I saw some of my peers doing. I wanted to take over. I had plans for law school, for middle management, for sales awards... I had gotten everything I'd tried for up until that point, so who would be able to stop me in the real world???

Well, no one actually. My own stupidity and impatience were my undoing.

Now I'm on the path of thousands of other people in their mid twenties, directionless, unsettled, confused. The only difference between myself and most of the rest is that I chose to take this path, and I'm enjoying every second of it.

People keep saying that maturity and age will help me sort this mess out, I'll stop whoring around and start trying to build my nut. Then I'll begin to do what I've been told is what I'm supposed to do.

I agree that I may eventually party less, and that the "flings" may be less frequent, but as for the rest of this so-called adulthood? Im in no rush and I have a feeling it's going to be a loooonnnngggg time before I'm ready to get serious.

I can't do things the way everyone else does... Not anymore.

7 comments:

J.Woods said...

After I graduated, I traveled for a month and half then feel in to a crappy corporate gig shortly upon returning.

I quit that shit hole last friday. Felt amazing.

I am on a wandering path myself. Fueled by sex, drugs and stupidity.

Brie said...

I see that you gave your blog a makeover? ;)

Curious.

Benedict Smith said...

yeah. sex, drugs and/or booze, and acceptance of who/what you are...puts you way ahead of the curve most people are on.

Cameron said...

I envy you.

Anonymous said...

Hey, join the Marines and become a lifer.. you could retire at 45, dawg.

SeaFighter HSV said...

"I can't do things the way everyone else does... Not anymore."

You are so awesome and original.

Richmondite said...

It's refreshing when you veer off course from sex and bartending for a minute.