Friday, August 1, 2008

It's Friday, The Weekend Is Over

It's Friday morning and my week is just beginning. Due to my new gig, I have a strange schedule for a few weeks. I've had off most Wednesdays and Thursdays, then I usually work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday nights. I got to live carefree and party with no consequences for the past two nights and now it's your turn. While I dust off my church key and my wine opener, you are sitting at a desk, staring at the clock, eagerly awaiting the minute you can strip off your work gear and shed the burdens and problems of the week. I on the other hand am staring at three weekend shifts lasting anywhere from 9 to 14 hours a piece. You won't hear me complain though, and I don't ask to be put back in the 9 to 5 harness. Luckily I don't dread going to work these days. There was a time (every single job I've ever had before now), when I would rather jump in front of the Orange Line Metro than have to spend another second in an office. This sentiment has not changed.

I miss the steady paycheck sometimes, but that's about all I miss from my past life.

Enjoy your weekend, and remember, good tippers get laid more and are generally much more appealing to the eye (true story).

6 comments:

h said...

I WILL COME TO YOUR BAR AND DROP A BRICK ON YOUR HEAD!

AHHH ALL CAPS!!!!

desk jockey said...

I'm in an office, and I'm officially jealous of your schedule.

I'll trade my weekends to not have to be in this cube 5 days a week.

J.Woods said...

Today is my last day at my corporate job. I can not describe how great it feels to finally tell my boss that I am out of here.

Now I have a few weeks of down time before my next gig starts. It should be interesting as I don't have a place of work, just planning and executing events.

Jack Goes Forth said...

Woods: Congrats man. Not being in that office will change your life for the better.

Anonymous said...

Bad tippers also go to hell.

Anonymous said...

Wait till you sorry slackers start getting close to 60 and you haven't made your nut.