Friday, July 11, 2008

Richmond Drivers Suck It (In Two Spots)

If you see an 06' Dark Gray Altima blatently smash into someone else's drivers side door in an attempt to murder the driver somewhere in Richmond, don't report it. In fact you should email me and you may just get a free bar tab out of it.

Two stretches of road in Richmond where people with road rage should NEVER EVER go:

Libbie between Cary and Broad. It's all old people and rich west end fuckers who can't drive to save their life. Too much cell phone usage and too many oblivious conversations with their other passengers pushes me to the breaking point everyday as I head to the gym.

Forest Hill Ave. All of it. I hate to do this again, I really really do hate this, but it needs to be said; certain minorities drive like shit. I don't want to just blame minorities because many many non-minority people also drive like 11 year old autistic kids...I'm looking at you granny. I frequent Forest Hill and the only way I contain my murderous rage is to crank my music and take my head to a happy place, a place where people have to pass a literacy test, a coordination test, an eye exam, a physical, a piss test, a sociological study and write a 40 page paper on basic American history to get a license.

4 comments:

Bookstore Piet said...

Include Short Pump. Nearly got driven off the road by some teen spwan driving daddy's SUV while talking on her cell who felt the lane lines are 'suggestions'...

Battery Park Blisters said...

I agree with Piet on short pump - that is the absolute worst. Last Sunday we were out there and decided to go to Starbucks. There was a woman there with two kids (about the same age as Finn), they were getting all sorts of food items all over the floor and table. When they left - the mother did not bother to hardly clean up after the kids at all. And... here is the icing on the cake - she was driving a huge brand new Lexus SUV and had the car running while she took 10 hours to strap her kids in their seats. Typical west end bimbo wife. Anyways - agreed on Libbie being really bad with the cotton ball head drivers.

Mediocre Muse said...

Hey! I actually live on Libbie in the aforementioned area. I am neither old and certainly not rich BUT I don't take offense because I tend to think the entire city of Richmond and the surrounding counties need to take a refresher course on behind the wheel courtesy and common sense. Cell phones and non-farm-use SUV's are a lethal combination.

Meade Skelton said...

Im late here but I have to jump in . Richmond drivers used to be halfway decent. But now its, just awful. They honk at everything. Did we suddenly have an immigration of people from NJ? It sure seems that way. You dont honk at someone for slowing down to make a right turn. You dont honk at a cyclist or pedestrian when its a green light and they have the right of way. Its insane! Honking your horn is rude, and un-Southern. I dont see how much longer I can stand this new breed of Richmond drivers.