Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Incoherent Bartender Thoughts From 4:45 AM

- I'm incoherent due to exhaustion, not booze.

- Two weeks ago I abruptly ended a fling I was having with a younger girl who frequents one of my bars. I gave no real excuse to her and simply stopped talking to her, although she continues to text me. She showed up tonight at the bar and I basically refused to acknowledge her presence. I made her drinks and took her money, but she may as well have been a stranger. I made it clear that I want nothing more from her. Well, she decided to solidify my disgust for her tonight.... She proceeded to enter our taco-eating contest.

What makes a girl think that eating 15 tacos in a matter of minutes will make me all of a sudden, want her back? She may as well have asked me to take her hand in marriage... Yeah it was that repulsive. After she inhaled the tacos, she came up to me at the bar with a funny smile. I couldn't help but laugh at her and in classic JGF fashion I had to be an asshole (why can't I keep my mouth shut?), and said, "Yeah, we're definately never having sex again." I didn't say it in a funny way either. The sad thing is (on my part), we probably will end up having sex again. A girl's eating prowess doesn't really turn me on, but she is still a girl, so she has that going for her.


- After a surprisingly busy and profitable Tuesday, after cleaning and after counting all the money, I sat back and enjoyed a few drinks with the owner of the bar and some co-workers. We laughed about shit and we made fun of each other. It was one of my more pleasant post-shift experiences. When your pocket is full from a long night of work, you're with friends, and you have a drink in your hand... The world isn't such a bad place. I realize that I won't be a bartender forever, but it's nights like these that make this life I'm living so much fun right now. I have to force myself to enjoy every second while it lasts.


- I'll probably be visiting Richmond's beautiful Belle Isle today, although I won't be adding to it's laundry list of problems (rape, drinking, fornication, drowning, kids smoking pot, epicenter for Richmonds burgeoning heroin trade). Not if I can help it at least.

11 comments:

Brie said...

A taco-eating contest? *shudders*

I support your response to that wholeheartedly. ;)

-B

Benedict Smith said...

my favorite is when they saddle up next to a guy clearly lamer than you in the hopes you will somehow bite the moldy, stale, regurgitated bait and get jealous....and you're right...she does have that "girl" thing going for her.

Anonymous said...

Heroin epicenter? Now I may have to visit this so-called Richmond landmark.

Taco Belle said...

Sounds like you have sex as casually and meaninglessly as you talk about it.

You're quite the catch, aren't you.

Sunny said...

Jack. How many dates (or sessions of sex) before a fling turns into something more? Two weeks sounds prudent, but doesn't work if you've only met once a week, yet have been in touch on the phone everyday.

I guess my question is how long can one continue to shamelessly call it a fling and demand sex while the chick tries to switch to girlfriend mode.

Thoughts?

Suzie said...

Probably forever for jack, I'm would bet that most of these girls are using him just like he is using them, who would want to be jack's girlfriend, in fact thats probably why he started this new life and new blog, he probably got bruised by some girl really bad...

RVA Foodie said...

Psycho-analyzing JGF is a great direction for the comments sections. This writing habit and smattering of exhibitionism is bound to conflict with his campaign to bed numerous ladies. I see this headed toward a series of ugly web meets reality train wrecks that would end the blogging hobby. Maybe a little counseling for JGF would resolve his insecurity issues. That said, what's the prime motivator for JGF readers? What is it about this soap opera that's so gripping? Living vicariously, are we? Being sufficiently satiated in most of the areas Jack touches on, I actually enjoy his writing and the stories are amusing.

Anna said...

Fuck the writing and stories. The comments are the best part.

Belle said...

Just the kind of meat market values we want to pass on to our children. Right Foodie?

Brandi said...

Is this funny?

RVA Foodie said...

Come to think of it, baby Jasper Diego's name was chosen in part to impart a bit of playa potential. I mean, if he's gonna be a short red-head like me, he's gonna need all the help he can get. I don't have much respect for meat market behavior, but I do want my son to have options.