Monday, July 28, 2008

A Fling Is A Fling Is A Fling

Her and I have been hanging out for a minute. We spend the night here and there and we have a few drinks here and there. Whatever the usual "beginning to hang out" phase typically entails. We have frequent sex and it's pretty good. She smokes a lot of pot and I join in for the occasional bowl rip, because who doesn't like the occasional high? She's got a quirky sense of humor and it matches well with my darkly sarcastic way of speaking and thinking. She's pretty and has no discernible physical flaws, actually she's quite above average in the physical area. She's a student and I may as well be a student with my lifestyle. All in all, she's pretty f-in cool. There's nothing I can see that turns me away from her.

Is there a future here?

No, there isn't.

I sleep with other girls and I would be willing to bet she sleeps with other guys, and this isn't even why I don't see a future. I just can't bring myself to limit who and what I do. I love being 24 and I love not having to answer to someone...oh and I really love sex. Sex (protected) is healthy and it makes me incurably happy. I know that I could probably just sleep with her all the time and that this would satiate my sexual urges for a spell, but why would I want to do that? God provided males with far too much variety for us to go and pick just one mate, at least that's the case when you're 24 years old.

The other night she said, "I'm not sure I could ever really be with you or trust you because of your, uhhh, chosen profession." So I replied, "Yeah, well you know it's like. Ummm. Yeah. Hey you got any Pizza Rolls left in the fridge?"

This fling will end with one of us giving no excuse and the other one refusing to ask why. It will just end, and right now that's the way it oughta be. I'm so far removed from what other people want right now or what people are supposed to want in life, and it feels pretty good.

3 comments:

Wise Person said...

Sex will cure what ails ya. Don't let the married people or the people who are unhappy because they don't get laid enough, tell you any differently.

Keep on keepin on JGF.

Anonymous said...

It's not the profession of bartending that she has to worry about, it's the untrustworthiness of the actual bartender (Jack).

Believe it or not, I know some bartenders who don't use their job as springboards to pussy buffets.

Benedict Smith said...

not having or choosing to answer to anyone is the coolest thing about being in your mid 20's and male. and yeah, the sex will eventually only satisfy in a clinical/slightly better than jerking off type of way.

as for anonymous - you're right, some use it as a springboard for cock buffets.