Sunday, July 27, 2008

Does Blogging Hurt Your Sex Life?

A lot of people seem to think that putting myself out there on the blog will make girls not like me and not want to date me, but from what I'm seeing, it's the exact opposite. Sure, some girls are wet blankets and are repulsed by someone who is honest, but most girls seem intrigued and interested by the writing itself. I can be a pig, this is true, but it's not like I name names or anything.

My blogging mentor told me this would start to happen, and now it is.

I suppose if I strictly wrote about mixology/bartending, city "comings and goings", or the everyday blah blah blah, then intellectual girls would be attracted to my writing and my civic commitment. I would go on dates to Mamma Zu's where we would discuss the merits of a prettier Richmond skyline, then we would kiss (no tongue on the first date!) and then wait two months to consummate the relationship, and that's all well and good I guess. But really I can just slap a pair of Lisa Loeb frames on some hot jailbait and pretend like she's an intellectual...that then allows me to bypass this whole "conversation" fad that couples seem to be into nowadays.

Plus I'm fairly sure that Russian girls can't read, so I'll always have that fall back going for me.

7 comments:

J.Woods said...

This is interesting. I just started my blog and was curious about its social reverberations.

Tiffany said...

You know, oddly enough I may know RooshV from this forum that I used to frequent about picking up women. Small internet.

Anonymous said...

Russian girls also have trouble forming complete sentences, and driving cars, and walking.

Strangely enough, they can play a mean game of tennis though.

Benedict Smith said...

one true downside, is if someone you're dating knows you have a blog but inevitably grows suspicious if you wont' let them read it.....

Anonymous said...

Damn Lisa Loeb glasses are hot.

JM

roosh said...

The guys who start blogging because they want to get laid... they get nothing. it's happened in DC where a new guy blogger comes out of nowhere, writing about how wonderful every girl is and how he's romantic, only to be embarrased of the internet. People can sense a fake.

And then there are the guys who blog about what they want, not giving a shit. Well, a lot of people like honesty, as harsh as it may be. People like what is real.

RVA Foodie said...

JGF: I am wondering if your blogging habit/hobby and your alleged sex life can really coexist. You've covered one angle of that story, but my question is, "Have you ever chosen blogging over the nasty." (i.e., no thanks babe, I gotta get back and write this story from earlier tonight while it's still fresh, or something like that).