Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tired Bartender Thoughts From 4 AM


- At one of the bars I work at we have a "wall of shame" on which we plaster any phone numbers we (the bartenders) get during the course of the night. There's probably about 30 numbers on there from the past few months. I like to tap the wall before my shift for good luck. (similar to the Notre Dame, "play like a champion" sign in their football locker room.)

Well, yours truly added two numbers tonight. It's not really about the girl I meet or the number, it's more about making the announcement to your fellow bartenders after you're shut down for the evening, that they "can all suck my ass!!!! I got two numbers bitches!!!!" That's what is really important here. Belittling other people that you refer to as peers.

-When counting our tips for the past few weeks, I always demand the pile that has the most C-notes in it. I want to roll to Atlantic City packing some benjammins, not a bunch of crumpled up 10 dollar bills.

-As I got home and began trolling RVA Blogs, I came to see that my blog has been deemed a "popular blog" by whomever has the authority to make that decision. My first thought: "Tobacco Avenue, watch yo back bitch!" Next time I invite Tobacco Ave out drinking, he may want to keep an eye on his drink... One sip and the next thing he knows he'll be lying in a shallow grave somewhere out in Powhatan county, surrounded by Bookstore Piet, In Vino, Jon Baliles and myself. All of us wielding aluminum bats, Goodfellas style.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So bitter and so young. Pity.

Anonymous said...

"As I got home and began trolling RVA Blogs, I came to see that my blog has been deemed a "popular blog"..."-

"came to see" ???? dude...you know you've been checkin' that bad boy sidebar everyday just waitin'. it's high school right?

Bookstore Piet said...

Don't have an aluminum bat. Can I bring one of my martini shakers instead?...

Jack Goes Forth said...

1st Anon: Huh?

2nd Anon: It would be high school if "being a popular blog" somehow got me laid.

Bookstore: Bring a mojito muddler.

in vino veritas said...

ill bring the mint. ;) and some snacks. piet, suggestions on cheeses that pair well with aluminum?

Bookstore Piet said...

IVV - As aluminum is such an excellent conductor of heat you would want to avoid the soft or runny cheeses. The heat from your hands may cause the cheeses to run making a very sticky mess. Hard cheeses such as a jarlsberg or gruyere would hold up well when exposed to the slightly higher temperatures without sticking to the aluminum. You may also want to consider something a bit more pungent, like a morbier, in case any of the metallic flavour is imparted to the cheese.

Hope this helps with your selections. :)

LivitLuvit said...

We play this game at my bar too- but it's not really fair to the guys... it's so much easier when you're a girl. Just a sly wink and the love rains down... ;-)