Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Writing Update

So I had a few hours before work yesterday and I decided to give this book idea a-go. I somehow managed to bang out 4700 words in a span of two hours, most of which completely sucked my ass. I went to work feeling a little dejected and thinking that I may have bitten off more than I could chew, and that I just don't have the ability to do this...

But then I worked and went to sleep and then I woke up.... and it's a new day and the motivation is right back up again and I want to keep going.

If I can put together more than one good paragraph every once and awhile then I'll post some snippets on the blog. Be forewarned...Its contents are starting to make the blog look quite tame...

3 comments:

Zosimus the Heathen said...

Good to see you've made such an energetic start on it. Don't get too discouraged if you don't think what you've written so far is any good; as Stephen King said in his useful book "On Writing": "sometimes you have to go on when you don't feel like it, and sometimes you're doing good work when it feels like all you're managing is to shovel shit from a sitting position". Very true in my experience!

Jack Goes Forth said...

thanks again. The whole thing is going to be shoveled shit, but I'm going to keep at it.

Keep up the inpirational words Zos

in vino veritas said...

dude where are you workign tonight - a few of us could us some serious cocktails and thought we might say hi to a fellow blogger.