Sunday, April 27, 2008

Not a Rubber Duck


I recently reread one of my favorite blogger posts of all time, RubberDucks, by Roosh V.

The post is short and blissfully simple.


excerpt: I wonder what it feels like to be a rubber duck getting plucked off the track, away from the safe but predictable current. It seems like it’d be scary, flying in the air like that, away from what you know, with little hint of what’s going to happen next. But I don’t know of a better way for a duck to live.



This post reminds me of why I started blogging in the first place. It reminds me that I'm not ready to live an ordinary life or take the highway that so many others have taken.

The post makes me mad that I waste time writing crap and not thinking of stuff like this. It makes me mad that I'm not doing something great and huge and groundbreaking. It makes me feel like a rubber duck.

I'm not going to be a Rubber Duck, all bunched up, all exactly alike, all living the same life... I can't be. There's to much I have to do with this life to let that happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand the rubber duck analogy, but why the picture of Norm MacDonald?

Jack Goes Forth said...

I've never seen so many dead hookers in all my life! -great norm mcd quote


comment of the year award anon. Please come forward to collect your prize, which is actually getting bukkaked by me and the homeless guy outside my work... I owe him for the fake crack he sold me last week.