Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Deep Thoughts With Jack




No time for a coherant blog post so heres some thoughts from the past few days:


- I am now officially a vampire. I've been getting out of work around 5 AM and witnessing the city light up and the birds chirping. Then I get home, sleep til 2PM and I'm back at work by 4:30PM. Tonight I'm at bartending job#2 though and it closes at midnight, so I can look forward to getting home by 2 AM. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the schedule. Theres something exhilarating about driving home with a pocket full of cash while other people are rising to begin work for the day.



- I work with a lot of 20 and 30 somethings and it seems like all of them are striving to graduate from college. They all have "class" and "papers" to take care of. They seem to really want to graduate and get out in the real world. Meanwhile I graduated 3 1/2 years ago and have been in the real world, and I want nothing to do with it. People are shocked when I tell them I took up bartending full time because I hated real jobs. Although from how hard I've been busting my ass I'm hesitant to say bartending isn't a real job. It seems pretty fucking real to me.



- As expected, ladies do infact like bartenders. This is no secret. Maybe its my heavy hand when I'm pouring them cocktails?



- I know its been said, many times, many ways..... but I despise flaky, disrespectful girls. I keep getting suckered into little phone and texts games because these girls are hot, and I end up thinking about shit to much. Well, no more.... I guess I'm just a sucker for beautiful women.... who isn't???



- When a bar holds a female jello wrestling contest, you begin to wonder if this is the right place to work at... Then you stop acting like a pussy and realize that yes, this is the overwhelmingly right place to work at. :)

5 comments:

Ava V. said...

i've thought about bartending, anything i should know?

Raleighwood said...

Jack, unfortunately I think I am going down a similar broken path...

Jack Goes Forth said...

theres nothing unfortunate about doing what you want to do. I've always preached against the ordinary...

Anonymous said...

I don't think there is such a thing as a "Broken Path". A path by definition is "A road, way, or track made for a particular purpose", meaning it is something that breaks the randomness and chaos of life and shows the way to go. There is no right or wrong path, just different. The assessment of the correctness of a path comes from a persons perspective on a particular path, either your own or someone else's. Fix your perception of your "broken path" and it will no longer be broken.

A/N

Jack Goes Forth said...

A/N: Good call. One man's "broken path" is another man's great adventure.