No time for a coherant blog post so heres some thoughts from the past few days:
- I am now officially a vampire. I've been getting out of work around 5 AM and witnessing the city light up and the birds chirping. Then I get home, sleep til 2PM and I'm back at work by 4:30PM. Tonight I'm at bartending job#2 though and it closes at midnight, so I can look forward to getting home by 2 AM. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the schedule. Theres something exhilarating about driving home with a pocket full of cash while other people are rising to begin work for the day.
- I work with a lot of 20 and 30 somethings and it seems like all of them are striving to graduate from college. They all have "class" and "papers" to take care of. They seem to really want to graduate and get out in the real world. Meanwhile I graduated 3 1/2 years ago and have been in the real world, and I want nothing to do with it. People are shocked when I tell them I took up bartending full time because I hated real jobs. Although from how hard I've been busting my ass I'm hesitant to say bartending isn't a real job. It seems pretty fucking real to me.
- As expected, ladies do infact like bartenders. This is no secret. Maybe its my heavy hand when I'm pouring them cocktails?
- I know its been said, many times, many ways..... but I despise flaky, disrespectful girls. I keep getting suckered into little phone and texts games because these girls are hot, and I end up thinking about shit to much. Well, no more.... I guess I'm just a sucker for beautiful women.... who isn't???
- When a bar holds a female jello wrestling contest, you begin to wonder if this is the right place to work at... Then you stop acting like a pussy and realize that yes, this is the overwhelmingly right place to work at. :)