Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend Warrior


Well the weekend was predictably unpredictable, and it still turned out pretty damn good. Good to the point that I don't want to de-value it with a running diary. I will give an extremely brief recap though.

My supposed "date" for Friday basically flaked on me and didn't call me back so I ended up going out hard that night with some friends. Of course I meet a new girl out at a bar and we ended up going on a date Saturday night (my blog prophecy about a date this weekend held true!). I refuse to elaborate any further though and will only mention that had the date or the following night gone bad, there would be a running diary/rant. There isn't a running diary or a rant, so use your imagination.


Thoughts from the weekend:

Your mindframe before going out is almost always equal to how your night ends up turning out. When you're pressing and trying really hard to hit on girls, your night will not be as much fun. I sometimes get caught up in the act of scanning the bar and thinking of all the angles, when history has taught me that sometimes you have to just relax and have fun. Getting laid is important, but enjoying the process is just as important.

People can fool you. Sometimes you may think someone has all their shit together and things are great for them, when in reality their going through the same shit that you are. I think for the most part everyone has or has had major problems(usually money related), and its important to remember that we all fight the same issues and have the same stressors. I sometimes think that I'm unlucky and that other people get more breaks than me.... but in reality thats not the case. When people act like their shit don't stink...I wanna knock their fucking teeth out :)

I need to keep remembering how long life is, and how in the grand scheme of things my issues are nothing. In all likelyhood I'll look back in a year and have a laugh about some of this. Not getting bogged down by stupid problems is my major MO right now.

I forgot how much fun and how relaxing a good date can be. Once you get past the initial awkwardness and you settle into a good conversational flow...well....its actually fun most of the time. Although I've walked out on some dates before so its not always great. My personal favorite is the "scorched earth" appraoch. This involves brutal honesty... " Listen, you seem nice, but talking to you is like putting my manhood in a pit of fire ants. It sucks. I'll see ya around."

I saw the movie "Jumper". Critics hated it, everyone I spoke to hated it, and I absolutely loved it. I can't explain why, but I guess I just really wanted the main character's life. (He could go anywhere at any time, robbed banks and did whatever he wanted.) Its good to daydream sometimes. Also I have a heavy attraction for the female lead--Rachel Bilson.

Sober intercourse is much better than drunkenly hooking up. I mean...ummm....thats what I've heard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you had sex. cool.

dchero said...

If you're asking if I'd want to be sober if I somehow managed to bang Rachel Bilson, the answer is an emphatic yes.

Anonymous said...

JGF when will you get a grip and stop this downward spiral? You started out with awesome champagne dreams and caviar wishes but now you are settling in for some Spam and High Life. You soon will be like the other 99% of the males in this world. I thought you were better. Your actions bring to mind the thoughts of a great american poet, and given the context, they are very appropriate.
So I'll encourage you to:
"Step back from that ledge my friend, you can cut ties with all the lies that you been living in, and if you do not want to see me again, I would understaaaaaaaaaaaaand, I would understaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddd"

Tighten up,
A/N

Jack Goes Forth said...

Ahhh Stephen Jenkins. He is a great American poet.

Calm down A/N. I'm not settling down....I'm biding my time. Going on a date is hardly me throwing in the towel.

I do realize that my writings are getting a bit stale and boring though...I'm going to do my best to remedy that. Stay tuned.

JGF