Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Getting It Together

You live and you learn...

-I've quit, not one, but two awesome jobs in the past three years. Both were quit because I thought I deserved or could make more money. I'm currently unemployed due to taking a corporate job in DC that I couldn't handle.

-I went to a subpar out of state University because I thought I was going to be able to walk onto the basketball team. It didn't happen. Now I wish I would've used my smarts to go to a bigger city(NYC!!!!) and better school. Its to late for that though.

-I've dumped at least 5 girls who were nothing short of spectacular to me even though I was pretty much bi-polar to them.

-I was an Resident Assistant my Sophomore year of College and it paid for a large chunk of my tuition...that is, until I got kicked out of the dorms for drinking with my residents and to a lesser extent sleeping with the Freshman girls in the dorm.

-I was President of my fraternity during my Senior year of college. I ended up getting suspended (or put on probation) for spending fraternity funds on strippers and drinks (for the fraternity) and I eventually quit the fraternity before graduation due to conflicts arising from that incident.

-I spend money I don't have and I have way to many bills for a 24 year old. This fact has me locked in one place and will probably define my existance for the next few years.

-I drink to much and although it hasn't gotten me in legal trouble, it has brought me a lot of unneccessary grief and issues.

-I haven't been a good family person for the past 8 years or so.



Everyone has made mistakes and everyone has problems. I guess I'm just ready to rectify a few of mine.
....so with job offers on the table and opportunity knocking, its time I got my shit together. Its time for me to man up a bit. I doubt the drinking or fornicating will change though.

For now my dreams will remain the same but my reality will not. I don't doubt that I'm gonna make great things happen in this lifetime, it'll just take a bit longer than planned. Its tough sometimes to remember how much time we actually have. I've been chasing shit at 22-23 years old, thats just foolish and its time I focus on and stick to something ...Patience...Young man...Patience




"Its up to me now, turn on the bright lights..." -Interpol

"...henceforth will learn to accept my errors, however great they be..."— Chris McCandless' journal from Alaska, written weeks before he died

6 comments:

roosh said...

"Its time for me to man up a bit"

A lot of guys can't even accept their mistakes in their heads, let alone write it down.

Virgle Kent said...

Man, there will always be a part of your life or something you can do better. All the shit you've listed is normal for being in your early 20's try to get rid of em by the time you're 30 and you'll be ok.

Growing up sucks but it kind of makes you feel good at the same time.

true story

Anonymous said...

Truth be told, out of all of the posts that was the most honest and mature one thus far. Your motto is sticking to your guns and being your own man and if it leads you say some things that people may think are 'soft', fuck them, at least your man enough to admit shit is wrong.

dchero said...

Never underestimate the power of patience.

Anonymous said...

I'm split here. On one hand the honesty is refreshing and healthy. On the other I feel you may use it as an excuse to further slide back into the "normal" life, complete with the requisite prison cell and ball and chain. Your whole thought process and analysis seems to be leading in the direction of a normal life. The only difference is that it seems to be taking you slightly longer to get there. That makes you no different from anyone else. And thats very disappointing. Hopefully you will change you course.
Godspeed.

A/N

Ava. V. said...

i love how this post makes you seem vulnerable and human. its one thing to admit things to yourself and its another to put it out there for everyone to read. i admire that, because there are sometimes i still can't admit to myself.