Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Bad Boy

*Jerry: Interesting. She doesn't care for you, then a stern warning, suddenly a
phone call. Seems Elaine's made you the bad boy. And Anna digs the bad boy.

George: I'm the bad boy. I've never been the bad boy.




I was recently told by a girl that I'm one of those guys that girls in their twenties have fun flings with before they are ready to find that nice, caring boy who they want to settle down with. She went on to say that girls see me as a story to tell their girlfriends and not a real prospect for marriage due to my apathy towards everything and general recklessness. She called me "arm-candy". -Just thought the reader should hear that too. :)
Soooo...wait. You're telling me girls just want to hook up with me? Ummmm.....awesome. On some level I've always known this, but now that I've officially been designated a "fling" I guess I really need to get out there and meet as many twenty-somethings as possible before they settle down. Its my sacred duty in a way.

I'm not going to question why girls are drawn to "bad guys" or "fixer-uppers". I'm not going to sit here and wonder why the complete assholes get 95% of the girls while the nice guys masterbate. No...I really don't care why things are like this. If nice guys finish last than say hello to the modern day Svengali.

If you're confident in yourself and refuse to act differently no matter whose company you're in, then you're a rock star. People may think you're an asshole.... boo hoo. I don't need to be told that I'm cool or that I'm a loser or that I need to get a job or that my blog sucks. I know my own reality. Unfortunately almost everyone in this world needs other people to justify their lives. They need to complain and gossip and conform with society. I'm fine with this though... More "fun-flings" for moi.



It is better to be attacked, even slandered, than ignored.... The actor who steps into the limelight attains a heightened presense. All eyes are on him.... Make your gestures so large, amusing, and scandulous that the light stays on you while others are left in the shadows. - Robert Greene

7 comments:

Arjewtino said...

I disagree with her assessment, though I've never met you. I disagree because women will always -- ALWAYS -- be attracted to the man who does his own thing, who thinks for himself, who leads. Because there will always be a woman out there who thinks she can change you. That she will be the one who reigns you in, polishes you up, and makes you a better person.

This explains my girlfriend's crush on the alcoholic, self-destructive McNulty from The Wire. That's all the proof I need.

Ava V. said...

any publicity is good publicity

Anonymous said...

but then there are some girls who do want things to be more with you, who get their hopes up, and then you move on to 50 new girls and not talk to that one anymore....trust me i know from personal experience

Anonymous said...

And then, you're alone...and balding or getting fat...with nothing to show for those 20 years of fun-flings. No relationship built up out of experience and time spent together. Nothing but memories of fun flings...

dchero said...

due to my apathy towards everything and general recklessness.

hahahahah, that's a good one. My favorite is "why can't you take any of this seriously? do you even care?" and then she'll try to play the maturity card.

Since growing old is a crime, I'm going to put it off as long as possible, being the law-abiding citizen that I am.

Jack Goes Forth said...

me? get fat? I may wake up at 40 and be lonely....but if you actually do know me, you should know that I will NEVER EVER get fat. I'm insulted.

To your point though, yeah maybe the fun-flings won't last forever, but I'm pretty determined to see it through. I mean I can still have fun flings when I'm 50. The quality will have decreased I'm sure.

Also you never know...one of these fun flings may turn out to be a special little snowflake and we'll end up riding off into the sunset together.

Anonymous said...

to arjewtino: despite what you may think her assessment is pretty spot on. although some women may be diluted enough(idiots)to think they could change him, i'm sincerely hoping that after a fairly small amount of time, they'll realize just how jack is and how he deals with women. if they don't, he'll stop calling so they'll eventually figure it out either way. while some other guys might be considered good fixer-up projects, its pretty clear i would think to most that that's just not jack's MO. Fun-fling sounds about right. Now don't misinterpret this, this isn't me bashing or judging him whatsoever. Kudos to him if he can get laid frequently and not get tangled up in some dramatic relationship. Hes just not boyfriend or husband material, and that's ok, not all guys can be.