Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Back to Jack


Excuse the lack of blog posts for the past week. I haven't been able to kick this flu and its basically left me with no motivation to blog or do much of anything. Finally today I got back to the gym and had some job interviews, although I still feel pretty crappy. Maybe its the lack of my own bed to crash in, but I'm ready to settle into some sort of routine for a while. Don't get me wrong...I still wouldn't mind taking off to anywhere but here. But reality has set in and I'd like to at least start collecting some sort of paycheck and have a comfortable place to sleep for more than a night or two. Living out of a car can take its toll, although its really only sucked because of this flu...

Fortunately (or unfortunately) it appears that there is a job or two on the horizon and I guess I'll be taking my place among the worker bees and the weekend binge drinkers. I'm not even remotely going to give up on my plans or my dreams...I just need to get my shit together and have a little discipline for a spell. Stranger things have happened.

I guess what I need now is something to keep me occupied (other than work) and something to keep me moving forward. A girlfriend maybe? I can't believe I'm admitting this, but the thought has crossed my mind. Now calm down! I'm not getting married, I just think maybe it would put me in a better mind frame for this period of my life...Ugh...I disgust myelf. Maybe I just need a new hobby. Any suggestions?

I'm fairly sure once this puny, sick feeling passes I'll revert back to the Jack Goes Forth of old. Until then JGF is taking applications for incredibly beautiful women, who drink, crave wildly dysfunctional relationships, like depraved sex acts, know when to keep the jibber jabber down and maintain a daily intake of around 500-600 calories. I'm not asking for much here people...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about a new hobby? Learn how to cook, so when you do find a girl that is what you consider wife material, you can reel her in fast. Or do something that perplexes me: write a dating advice book for women, there's nothing good on the market. And by the way what happened to that post you deleted?

Ava V. said...

By the way that last comment was me, I just hit the shift button, and apparently that means enter.

Raleighwood said...

Get it together Jack. Life is cyclical, right now you're ego is in a recession. You just have to keep chuggin' away and stayin' positive until things start going back up. Which they will, they always do.

Do work, find a way to make some ends meet and a place to crash that has room for two.

Anonymous said...

Get a job and stop drinking so much. It's time to grow up or be a douchebag for the rest of your life.