Friday, January 11, 2008

Mission Statement

(Ed.Note: Post written at 4 AM on Saturday, so needless to say....um....a few drinks had been consumed.)


So I've soldiered on with my blog, although I've been getting some negative feedback. The complaints run the complete gamut of BS....

You're just a selfish young kid...you don't know shit about life.

This blog is just a way for you to be lazy and not have a "real" life/job.

You will never keep this up and it will end shortly.

Where did these views come from? You have never acted like this....

You're an attention whore.

Find a job and stop complaining.....

Heres my responses to the people who feel they need to criticize me....

Everyone is entitled to their own life and to make their own decisions. I may say that living a cookie cutter life, strapping into a thankless job, and settling down for 40 years is wrong.... but guess what??? Do whatever the fuck you want. If it offends you that I'm criticizing a "normal" way of life....then don't read my awesome musings about life.



*YOU: "I flipped through catalogs and wondered: What kind of dining set defines me as a person? "



I didn't start blogging to piss people off or to tell people how to live. I wanted to start writing more and I wanted to put this period of my life into words. I have opinions that I think I want to live by and that think I feel strongly about.... I also know that I can write and I wanted to prove it to myself. This is not an entertainment blog.

I have no fucking idea whats going to happen to me. Maybe I become a world class slacker and find a way to live out my days without joining the miserable rat race.... Maybe I fall into another "strait-jacket" of a job and continue on like every other identical cog in this big meat grinder.... I don't know.

If I had a better idea of where this life was heading, then I wouldn't be blogging..... I'd be saving money and trying to get locked into a 30 year mortgage on a "big coffin" or what some people call a "house".

I wake up now and I'm genuinely excited and I'm ready to see what lies ahead.....I haven't been able to say that, in at least a year. I'm also scared to death and I wonder if I'm fucking my life and my "resume" up. The awesome thing about this period is= I feel good...(and I knew that I would now) Thats my goal..... HAPPY happy..... not money... not love... not a house in the suburbs... not any of the other BS that I've always been told I need to strive for.


I'm like a turtle right now, a sexy ass turtle. Moving slow and steady towards something that is much greater than you or I. I don't know what that is, but the journey has started...albeit very slowly :( MANY , many, many of life's little logistical nightmares must be slogged through first. grrrr. I'm moving my feet though.

For some reason this pisses some people off..... I think it does that because 99 % of people are programed to live out there days in a certain pattern. They see someone who doesn't want to follow the mold and they immediately begin to piss and moan. They see me making an attempt to change myself and they take it as an insult to their lameass lives.....(My attempt has not been successful yet and it may never be.... but.... we'll see. The means that it takes to change, sometimes makes actually changing, difficult.)

I like the criticism because I know its making people think. I want more feedback.... I don't care if its all bad.... It only motivates me to continue writing.


How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.-- Someone

“[U]ntil the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—‘Wait and hope.’”- Edmund Dantes(Count of Monte Cristo)


4 comments:

dchero said...

What do you mean it's not an entertainment blog? I want another running diary dammit

Anonymous said...

Um, if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Hopefully you'll stay in the kitchen though and cook up something nice for next time. May I suggest this next one needs a gallon of some more bluntness - tell it like it is please and don't beat around the bush! A liter of sex, and maybe a cup more of adventure. Thanks Chef Blogger.

Anonymous said...

i predict you will be dead or committed in less than a year.

Anonymous said...

Keep on keep9ing on and don't let the "haters" bring you down. Like me they are just jealous, but I'm refined enough to accept it.

Also, more details. I kinda like the running diary too, but want more action. I need to live vicariously through you.

A/N